Friday, October 30, 2009

More measurements

Hey, I've been working more overtime this week, so that's my excuse. On the other hand, not much has happened in the fish tank world. I have two sets of measurements:

Saturday, October 24:
Display Tank Ammonia: 0 ppm
Quarantine Tank Nitrite: 0.1 ppm
Quarantine Tank Nitrate: 10 ppm

Friday, October 30:
Display Tank Ammonia: 0 ppm
Quarantine Tank Nitrite: 0.1 ppm
Quarantine Tank Nitrate: 15 ppm

I still haven't seen a reading on the Ammonia, and it's been almost two weeks, so I may need to put some more shrimp in there to kickstart things.

I've ordered a switch that will act as a safety for the pump, it will automatically shut off the pump if the water level gets too low. Hopefully I can get that installed by next weekend and get some pictures. I'll also be looking into stocking the tank once I see that ammonia spike -- that will include some invertibrates and maybe some macroalgae for the refugium.

The plants in the freshwater tank have made some improvement, not enough to be seen on the camera, but I can tell there's some new growth. The fish actually seem more active too, even though they get kind of stressed out when the lights change. Hopefully I'll see some good long-term results from the lighting schedule. Time will tell though...

No comments:

Post a Comment